About Me

My photo
Hey y'all! Well first off I'm Melody Rose and I'm a local here in GS alabama. I created this blog to tell people about our little paradise, Gulf Shores! I'm unbiased, so I promise you everything on here is real and the truth. I will not lie, or make something sound better than it is or worse than it is. I've realized how many people just are in love with Gulf Shores, so I though I'd start this blog to update y'all, let you know about great food (or horrible food), fun things to do for everyone, and soo much more. :)

Jun 28, 2011

Wildfire Update 6/28

Today there was a lot of smoke from the controlled burns the firefighters preformed. They did a controlled burn to burn out the fuel of the fire. It's been raining for about an hour now which would leave some to think that it'll make the fire burn out, but no. Sources say it's actually making the firefighter's controlled burn fail, but more updates on this will be posted tomorrow.
   So I love how people such us Meyer's Real Estate, the Alabama Gulf Coast Facebook page, and others are telling tourists that it's fine to come on down with the fire, it's all good. No, it's not all good. A lot of the condos are relevantly near the fire, and tourists who are here now have complained about the smoke. One night a boy had even woken up his father saying he smells smoke in their condo, the dad got up and panicked then soon found out that it was the smell of smoke from the fire. Another tourist is also HIGHLY allergic to smoke, but decided to still come down with the fire here because they had told them it's fine to come on down.
    Basically, if smoke is going to bother you, and views of a big ol fire from your condo would bother you, don't come until the firefighters get this under control. We want tourists to come, but we don't want them to come and not be able to enjoy the town and the beach as they normally would without a fire.

XOXO - Melody Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment