About Me

My photo
Hey y'all! Well first off I'm Melody Rose and I'm a local here in GS alabama. I created this blog to tell people about our little paradise, Gulf Shores! I'm unbiased, so I promise you everything on here is real and the truth. I will not lie, or make something sound better than it is or worse than it is. I've realized how many people just are in love with Gulf Shores, so I though I'd start this blog to update y'all, let you know about great food (or horrible food), fun things to do for everyone, and soo much more. :)

Jul 1, 2011

Brent Burns Concert & Going to The Hangout Consumed My Night.

At 6pm next to the Gulf Shores Library they had Brent Burns (a local trop-rock singer) playing along with the famous Sunny Jim for free. Sunny Jim has won a few awards and is pretty good on them steel drums. But this trop-rock thing wasn't really my style so off the The Hangout I went.
   The hangout had a band called The Rez playing on their main stage when I arrived around 8pm they were pretty good, but the only song I recognized was Billy Jean. But they were VERY interactive with audience and were just a good time, I got up and danced and all that good stuff. There were some pretty cute guys there too I must say. 11pm rolled around and The Rez ended for the night and Foxy Iguanas took the stage on the other side of The Hangout by the mermaid bar. Now I love Foxy Iguanas the singer and a seriously amazing voice I love em. They play Tom Petty, Sublime, Lynard Skynard, just everything. They're the only band around here I can say I really actually like listening to.
   The people there were pretty cool, nobody was walking around drunk and lost or stupid. Everybody was just a good time, usually I can't go out without wanting to knock a guy out, or smack some chick. But tonight was pretty chill.
   Before 11pm people under 21 are allowed to be there, on the dance floor around 9pm I saw a mom, a dad, and a little boy. I felt so bad for this little boy, his daddy was breaking it down and his mom was trying to get him to join them, he got so embarrassed he ran away from them lol.
   The hangout is definitely kid friendly, and after 11 it's a really cool place to chill, dance, and have a cold drink.


XOXO - Melody Rose



@ The Hangout :)

No comments:

Post a Comment